Sunday, February 22, 2009

Blog "award"

MaryAnne at Thrifty Craft Mama was kind enough to give us our first "award" this week.


The rules for the award:

Thank the person who gave the award to you, post the award on your blog or on a post, nominate 10 blogs which show great attitude/gratitude, link to the people you chose on your post, and comment on their blogs to tell them about the award! Whew. My favorite part of getting named was looking at the blogs of everyone else on this list.

I’m passing this award onto these blogs. Apologies if you have received it before or feel burdened by the obligation (10 is a lot!).:

Carole at Quilting Adventures (beautiful quilting)
What's for Lunch at Our House (fun bento box ideas)
HipWriterMama (musings about life, writing and children's books)
Maw Books (everything books!)
Mommy's Favorite Children's Books
(favorite books, media, toys and games)
Jean Little Library (wonderful book reviews from the librarian of the Jean Little Library)
Bees Knees Reads (passionate for picture books)
Books Lists Life (babies, books, AND quilting; she's got it all)
Selvage Blog (inspiration for the extreme scrap quilter)(I've now started a selvage collection!)
Teachingtinytots (great lesson plans and crafts, plus a weekly reading theme challenge)

Thank you, MaryAnne!

5 comments:

Vivian said...

Thank you so much! I'm honored and grateful to be in such wonderful company.

Hope you enjoyed your weekend!

Shannon said...

Thank you so much!

The bento thing started as a minor hobby and has somehow taken off from there. F&B are usually quite perturbed if I try to pass off a regular sandwich as lunch anymore. ;o)

Loving your site as well. If you haven't read them, you should find the first "food" books by Amy Sanger Wilson. My First Book of Sushi was always our favorite, and although F&B are slightly too old for board books now, I think I still need to order the latest one (Chaat and Sweets) for me!

The list is on Amazon:
http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss_gw_1_8?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=amy+sanger+wilson&sprefix=amy+sang&sprefix=amy+sang

Jennifer said...

Thanks so much! I don't have time to pass it on but I don't feel guilty about it *grin*. There are benefits to being inherently anti-social. Anyways, I have a post coming up on my blog about some really cool board books, but in grateful recognition of your award I am going to TELL YOU ABOUT THEM EARLY. Yes. Here it comes...there's a whole series of uber-cool boardbooks I just got for our library. They're put out by Candlewick Press and designed by Michel Blake. They are really, really cool, photographs, easy-open edges, and have been kid-tested by our adult services librarian's 10 month old. Enjoy!

Nancy Arruda said...

Thank You for the award! I appreciate being included with these wonderfully creative blogs. If there is a baby sign for Thank You it goes out to you and your little inspiration : )

Karen said...

Thank you so much! I have *finally* gotten to posting about this award -- I really appreciate it!

http://favoritechildrensbooks.blogspot.com/2009/04/thank-you-for-your-kindness.html