Sunday, February 15, 2009

Clifford's birthday

According to Teachingtinytots, today is Clifford the Big Red Dog's birthday. Since I have a review of a Clifford book all written and not yet posted, I thought this would be a good occasion to share it. In essence, the bookworm wasn't old enough for the book yet, but perhaps your little reader will be. Does Clifford come in board books? We'll have to investigate.

Clifford The Firehouse Dog (Paperback), by Norman Bridwell. Our first Clifford book, this one was grabbed on the way out of the library, because I wanted something with fire engines in it (a recent favorite). Haven't made it through it yet (only 14 months), but he enjoys the first page or two and then moves on.

Excerpt:

"I asked the firefighters if Clifford could help them. They thought he was the right color for the job."

Bookworm's interest at 14 months: Making a siren noise when he sees the fire engine.


4 comments:

Wrighty - said...

I saw your comments on Book Blogging Tips and wanted to check out your blog. I think it's terrific! My kids are teens now but I still love all of these books and have kept our favorites. If my kids were little I would be here every day. (I'll still visit though!) I'll be recommending it to others. I wish you great success and predict you will have it.

teachingtinytots said...

thanks for the linky!
love your blog!

Infant Bibliophile said...

Thanks so much to both of you for your kind comments!

melanie said...

My daughter loves Clifford!! I had no idea it was his birthday today. I have never seen a Clifford board book... that doesn't mean they don't exsist, I've just never seen one.