Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Wednesday Watermelon Award (Pudgy Peek-a-boo Book)


Every Wednesday we highlight one book that has consistently been a favorite of the bookworm's. We bestow upon this book a "Watermelon Award." We've owned this week's book for many months now, and it always brings a smile to our little reader's face.


The Pudgy Peek-a-boo Book (A Pudgy Board Book) , by Amye Rosenberg. A cute, short board book - perfectly sized for tiny hands - with colorful drawings of cats and bunnies playing peek a boo.

Excerpt:

"Look inside the basket./Look behind the door./Find a peek-a-boo friend./ And then find some more."

Bookworm's interest at 14 months: He especially likes the drawing of the cat hiding under the blanket at the end (since he likes to hide under a small quilt). But he smiles the whole time we read this one.

Parent's Peeve: Woe is me. I've turned into someone who praises a book about bunnies and cats playing peekaboo. But he loves it, and that's what counts.

4 comments:

Corey Schwartz said...

Hi, my first time here. Nice blog!

caribookscoops said...

Sounds like a cute book. I bet my 11 month old would like it and I like your idea of Wednesday Watermelon Award.

MaryAnne said...

I'll have to look for this one - my son loves peekaboo and would probably enjoy this book!

I left an award for you on my blog:

http://thriftycraftmama.blogspot.com/2009/02/blog-award.html

Jennifer said...

Ooooh, I think this was a book I had when I was little! Just because we loved it as kids doesn't mean it's "quality." I have some very dicey things I adored as a child - and collected just for the memories. Like Jon Buller's Fanny and May, about two elephants who live in a cake and...never mind.