Saturday, March 21, 2009

Aww, shucks again

Lucky Me! has given us an award!

[Picture_7.png]

The rules of the award are as follows:

1) Put the logo on your blog or post.

2) Nominate at least 10 blogs that show great attitude or gratitude.

3) Link to your nominees within your post.

4) Let the nominees know that they have received this award by commenting on their blog.

5) Share the love and link to the person from who you received your award.

My favorite thing about this type of award, and the reason I post about it here, is the chance to look through other blogs and share links. There are so many great blogs out there. I try to pick blogs that I haven't listed before, and that haven't gotten the award already, which means it takes me forever to pick them (but I love it!). Luckily I'm a bit obsessed with my Google Reader, so I have many great blogs to peruse for choices.

Unplug Your Kids: This site is written by a mother of three with "no TV, no video games, and no loud toys." Ahhhh. The site runs a weekly theme in which readers post links to "unplugged" crafts and activities around that theme. Recent themes have included "water" (which we still hope to get to), "happy," and "bottle." Next week's theme is "long," which has me stumped, but I'll try to think of something.

Bookie Woogie: Bookie Woogie is a really fun site in which three kids and their dad talk about books. I hope as our bibliophile grows, he'll want to blog like this with us! Dad (Aaron Zenz) is actually a children's book author too. The book reviews on Bookie Woogie are written in the format of interviews with the kids, and include drawings from very talented little artists. You have to go visit the site to see how unique and wonderful it is. You know how many children's books they own? Over 2800!

Just For Fun: Among the fun features of this blog, authored by a mother of five, is the Friday Book Project, where readers are encouraged to share their links to book-inspired crafts and activities that they do with their kids every Friday.

Ten Kids and a Dog: This blogger has ten kids. And a dog. Ten kids! Is there an award she doesn't deserve? Some days I still forget to comb my hair, and I have one child. Not only does she (presumably) comb her hair, but she homeschools and maintains this blog full of educational activities and fun crafts (many including books!), along with cute photos and stories about her kids. I was impressed with the blog's recent post about experiments involving water (the Unplug Your Kids theme of the week).

The Frugal Family Fun Blog is written by a mother of two, who shares many fun (frugal) craft ideas with her readers. Look at the photo of her daughter enjoying a book in this post; does that need framing or what?

Whew, halfway there...

SunnyDayTodayMama is a lovely blog written by a mom about her little boy (sound familiar?). I wish they were close enough for a playdate; they seem to have a lot of fun together!

Adventures of a Flake is written by a SAHM of two kids. Like ours, it is a new blog. I can't remember how I came across it, but I subscribed to it at some point and have been enjoying her posts about family crafts and life in general. Doesn't this post about painting outside make you want join in?

Chasing Cheerios is full of fun Montessori-inspired activities. Look at these felt donuts -- yum!! Let's pretend they're gluten-free...This living/non-living activity looks fun too.

2 more to go...will I make it before the bookworm wakes from his nap? The race is on!

A Patchwork of Books is a blog written by a children's librarian and book lover. It is full of great recommendations for children's books (the blog's author, Amanda, has a soft spot for canine friends, so you'll find a particularly nice selection of dog-related books reviewed). I always enjoy when her reviews pop up in my reader.

Vintage Ric Rac: I get so much enjoyment out of being a fly on the wall of her craftroom, watching from afar from the safety of my reader. The author, Jodie, amazes me with her talent (she recently upholstered an entire chair with selvages) and cracks me up (look at this recent Wild Thing thank you post).

I did it; he's still napping! Now to go comment on all of these sites...

8 comments:

Z-Kids said...

Thanks for the Award! I'm eager to check out the other sites you've listed...
Z-Dad

Jodie said...

Hey thanks, The best thing about these is now, I have all those other blogs you tagged to check out !!

jodie

Melissa said...

Thank you!!!

BranFlakes said...

WOO WOO! Thank you so much!

Sweet Serendipity said...

Congratulations!
Thanks for stopping by my blog, and introducing me to yours :)
I love children's books...I'll be back to visit more.

sunnymama said...

Thank you so much for choosing me for this award! You picked some wonderful blogs including some great ones I haven't seen before, so I am honoured to be on this list. I did actually receive the lemons to lemonade award from two other lovely bloggers last week (must be true that good things come in threes) so I thought it would be best if I pass it on to one blogger I didn't pass it on to last time instead of another ten. Hope that's OK and thank you again for thinking of me for this!

Mom Unplugged said...

Oh thank you so much! You made my day!!

Joannof10 said...

Thank you for the award, and thanks for hosting the Unplugged project this week.

Thank's, I guess I did manage to miss this---I just love it, and I love your great book ideas also!