Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Checking in

Our baby bookworm has been sick this week (so have I, but mom's aren't allowed to be sick, so that's irrelevant!), so I've let my posting slip a bit. Apologies to the nice commenters that I haven't had a chance to respond to. I was reminded today why we LOVE our ergo baby carrier. I strapped the little guy in, turned on a television show (my first in three months, at least...we don't even own a TV since we moved, so I watched it online), and swayed with him in it, and he was so wonderfully content, eyes drooping peacefully closed. He has a head cold, so being upright is so soothing for him. When he was younger and quite "colicky," I did every nap in the carrier some days! You'd think standing up swaying with a baby 5, 6...however many times it was...per day would be tiring and sore-inducing. But it was pure heaven to watch him slumber peacefully as I caught up on "Big Brother" and "The Bachelor" (Yes, I love bad reality TV). I also use it walking all over town, and Dad loved carrying him on his back on a weekend trip to New York last year. Anyway, that's it for my advertisement: we just love our ergo!

Hopefully we'll all be back to normal soon. In the meantime, we're getting plenty of booktime cuddled up in bed. The Scholastic cars and trucks book we reviewed here and Around the Town All Year 'Round (reviewed here) are favorites this week. Thanks to a generous Nana, the latter will be finding its way into our permanent collection this Easter.

1 comment:

MaryAnne said...

Hope you both feel completely well soon!

We love our ergo too...