Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Wednesday Watermelon Award (Diggers)


We're getting our Wednesday Watermelon Award in just under the wire. (The Wednesday Watermelon Award is an award we bestow upon one of our little bookworm's favorite books every week).

Diggers (Usborne Touchy Feely) (Board book), by Fiona Watt. This large touch and feel board book has been a hit at our house this week. I knew our little man liked it when he willingly sat down and read it on the floor of the library surrounded by board books (that he usually just wants to take off the shelves), and signed for "more" when we finished it. Each construction scene features multiple tactile parts, such as bumpy hubcaps, a furry dog, or a mirrored window.

Excerpt:

"This yellow digger has a rusty bucket. / This yellow digger has muddy wheels."

Bookworm's interest at 16 months: He's not really into the touch and feel aspect of the book, but he enjoys every page. He points to the digger on each page, the birds on one page, the dog on another, the dumptruck in the background, etc.

Parent's Peeve: The book feels quite short, because each illustration is a two-page spread, so there are only five scenes.


If you enjoy Diggers, you should also check out our review of Trucks.

5 comments:

SkylarKD said...

I love the durability of Usborne books!

I nominated you for a blog award today. Come and check it out! :)

teachingtinytots said...

That is super cute can anyone do the wednesday watermelon award!!!??

I have a new blog if you want to check it out called: Letters, Numbers and Books oh my!

Infant Bibliophile said...

Glad you like it! The Wednesday watermelon award wasn't started as a meme or anything, though I guess it could become one! Of course I wouldn't mind if you wanted to do one too and link back. I saw your blog this morning; looks great! I'll add it to my reader.

Amy Webb said...

I just found your blog and I think it's great. What a wonderful resource for finding new book finds. Thanks!

teachingtinytots said...

Cool I added you to my blog list! If you don't mind I'd lvoe to do it too spotlight the best book for that letter week and i'd will be sure to link back to you! I agree that book is short story wise