Thursday, May 28, 2009

ABC and 123 Summer Prize Picnic

ABC and 123 are hosting a "Prize Picnic" this summer, and today is the day for introductions.

  picnic button

For those visiting for the first time from the "Picnic":

Chronicle of an Infant Bibliophile is a blog about the literary undertakings of our 18-month old son.  We record and review most of the books he reads (and maintain a full clickable list of book titles).  His latest obsession is children's books about transportation vehicles, including cars, trucks, buses, and fire engines.  I also occasionally review books that are beyond his current age range.  Sometimes we toss in some related crafts or tidbits about our life, but for the most part, we're all about the books.  We also have a second, newer blog, that focuses on my son's food allergies.  If you have a child with confirmed or suspected allergies, feel free to stop by and visit us there at Crazy Allergy Mama.  In my free time (thinking back to when I had some), I enjoy quilting, and hope to get back to the sewing machine once we've moved into our new home this month.  As for the little bibliophile, he'll be spending the summer exploring every nook and cranny of our new backyard.

If you'd like to follow our book reviews, consider subscribing to our RSS feed using the buttons at the top of the page.  You can also follow us on Twitter at "I_Bibliophile". Thanks for stopping by and to ABC & 123 for hosting the virtual picnic! Before you go, drop us a quick comment with your favorite children's book.

11 comments:

Katie, Kevin and kids said...

Thanks for joining the picnic! It sounds like you are probably pretty busy if you are in the middle of a move...that is exciting though! I really appreciate all of your great book recommendations and reviews. To choose just one favorite children's book....that's a tough one. I might have to come back with my answer:)

Jenny said...

Great site! My all time favorite book is the original Boxcar Children.

Michelle said...

I always love to see the books that you are enjoying. We love reading around here and are always looking for great book suggestions. :0)

Annette said...

We moved last summer when my daughter was about 21 months. She adjusted well. My advice: if he seems okay with the changes, embrace them! Within a couple weeks of moving, she was in a bed and I wish her pacifier was not found the day we moved! Oh well. :)

Enjoy a book filled summer!

BranFlakes said...

Nice to see you joined the picnic too.

Miller Moments said...

Isn't this a fun way to connect all us blogger moms?

Annie said...

Nice to meet you. Stopping from ABC&123.

Diana said...

I have been meaning to check out your site for some time now. I also love books, especially children's books. We read a lot in our house. Thanks for the intro!

The Momma said...

We love books too! My little one sleeps with her books.

ONe PiNK FiSH said...

Loved looking at your book list. Being a kindergarten teacher, I own thousands. Picking just one favorite would be too hard. so here are a few: Lilly and the Purple Plastic Purse, If Only I Had a Green Nose, anything Robert Munsch.

Katie said...

I love quality literature, but man lately we're reduced to reading a ton of Disney princess books. That's all she wants, oh and Big & Little which is about this elephant named little Ellie. That one cracks the heck out of her. Thanks for linking up!