Friday, May 1, 2009

Help Me Give my Google Reader New Life!


I've been a little distracted from book blogging this month, as we've been househunting.  We found a house, and I already have a nice sunny spot picked out for a reading chair and bookshelf!  While I'm still enjoying the book blog world, I'm also feeling like I could use some fresh diversions.  So, I'm turning to you...  My Google reader is mostly filled with blogs that focus on books, parenting, crafts, and frugal living.  What OTHER blogs do you enjoy that don't fit into those categories?  I'm especially eager to find one or two home improvement type blogs.  And maybe one or two about gardening; while it's not a passion of mine (yet), I have to become worthy of our darling little yard.  Please comment about your favorite blogs (or your own!).  I promise to visit them all.


P.S.  Apparently this is my 101st post!


P.P.S.  Photo courtesy of our beloved Canon Digital Rebel and an accommodating butterfly at an indoor garden in New Zealand.


7 comments:

MaryAnne said...

I'm afraid my google reader looks like yours, so I can't help. Your photo is beautiful, though, and happy 101st post!

Christy said...

Sorry, my google reader is just like yours too. I just wanted to say I love your blog and I like the photo and I have a Rebel too!

Bookworm said...

http://aahnature.blogspot.com/

NATURE GALORE! She hosts Creation Club every month, raises chickens and goats....You will certainly be inspired to do something exciting and fresh in your backyard!(She's a good friend of mine!)

:::Lyzz::: said...

I am not a nature fan, but I love home improvement projects, esp those I can DIY (myself in this case) LOL. Check it out when you have a chance.
http://suite191.blogspot.com

sunnymama said...

I left you an award on my blog - no need to pass it on unless you want to but I wanted you to know how much I'm enjoying your lovely blog.
http://sunnydaytodaymama.blogspot.com/2009/05/awards.html

There are some other great blogs listed too that you may like :)

sunnymama said...

Oops, sorry I was so busy deciding which great blogs to pass the award on to I forgot to check who awarded it to Thrifty Craft Mama before she gave it to me, and of course it came from you! Please feel free not to pass it on again or do if you want. Of course you can take the other award if you'd rather, I don't mind at all! Just let me know and I'll put you down for that award instead - it does say 15 or more blogs in the rules anyway so I could do that no problem :)

SkylarKD said...

I like www.boingboing.net for weird and interesting news and oddities.

www.treehugger.com is also a good spot for environmentally-themed news.