Sunday, May 17, 2009

Muffin Tin Monday

The little guy enjoyed "Muffin Tin Monday" so much last week that I decided to join in again this week... except that we cheated and did it on Sunday!  This week's theme is "choose your own."  I had planned to do it on Monday, but he found the cookie cutter on Sunday and was asking me to use it, so I thought I might as well do it a day early.

We did a breakfast/love tin, with heart shaped (gluten-, dairy-, egg-free) pancakes, freeze-dried raspberries and blueberries, a glass of diluted white grape juice, and a companion book to read (Guess How Much I Love You).  He loves to play with the heart cookie cutter, making an H sound to show off that he knows it's a heart, so I kept that in the tin too.  There was a fourth pancake, but it was in his mouth when I took this photo!  I tried to read him the book, but it's just not one of his favorites.  He asked me to read a couple of books about cars and trucks instead, and I obliged. That's love, right?

See more Muffin Tin Monday participants over at Her Cup Overfloweth.

You can find my recipe for the pancakes here; we've started making them every day.  This batch had some chopped up bacon in the them.  Other days we do blueberry or peach varieties.

9 comments:

Michelle Sybert said...

thanks for joining us again! And that IS love!

great tin!

BranFlakes said...

hmmm, bacon pancakes... I may have to try that.

sarah in the woods said...

Aah, sweet tin.

Jen said...

That is so precious! What a cute way to say you love your little one!

Danielle said...

I love that book but my daughter and husband are not fans! I use a heart cookie cutter for e's bread-never thought of pancakes. I am def. going to try it out!

Valerie @ Frugal Family Fun Blog said...

What cute pancakes! How clever!

Karen said...

What do you think of "toothpick Tuesday?"

My kids love to eat food on party picks.

Infant Bibliophile said...

Karen, whatever works! That sounds fun.

Infant Bibliophile said...

Danielle, I can't get my boy to try (gluten free) bread. I don't blame him - it's not very tasty, but he has never even let it in his mouth. Maybe I'll try the heart cutter on it!