"Use a trash can, Stan
Smell the posies, Rosy
Keep it clean, Gene"
Bookworm's interest at 19 months: When I saw the red cars on the cover of the book, I thought we had a shot at our little guy enjoying this one, and in fact, he was strangely mesmerized by it. Strange in that he refused to let me even turn the page. We stayed on pages 5-6 for ages. He kept signing "more," insisting I quiz him about the pages. Thankfully the illustrations are detailed. We found all different colors, then "the car with the three drivers in it," then "drivers with hats on," "a big car," "a little car," "the drivers with wings," etc. I'm sure we're a little young to read it as intended, particularly the information at the back of the book, but he had fun with it.
Carin Berger is an award-winning designer and illustrator. She is the author and illustrator of The Little Yellow Leaf, Not So True Stories & Unreasonable Rhymes, and All Mixed Up, and the illustrator of Behold the Bold Umbrellaphant, by Jack Prelutsky. She won the Society of Illustrators Founder's Award in 2006, and Publishers Weekly called her "one to watch." Carin Berger lives with her family in New York City.
I have one copy of "Ok, Go!" for a lucky reader. Edit: the author has also generously offered to include a signed bookplate to the winner!
1) Comment on this post. Say anything you want; I'm not picky.
2) Subscribe to this blog. Leave a separate comment letting me know.
3) Follow this blog. Leave a separate comment letting me know.
4) Tweet about the contest with a link to the give away. Leave a separate comment letting me know.
5) Blog about the contest and leave a comment letting me know.
That's 5 possible entries per person.
Deadline: Tuesday, June 30, 2009.