It's been awhile since I've participated in a "Weekly Geeks" activity, but this one seemed fitting to our life lately. This week asks participants to:
1. In your blog, list any books you’ve read but haven’t reviewed yet...
2. Ask your readers to ask you questions about any of the books they want. In your comments, not in their blogs...
3. Later, take whichever questions you like from your comments and use them in a post about each book. Link to each blogger next to that blogger’s question(s).
4. Visit other Weekly Geeks and ask them some questions!
Since we just moved this week, I have some books I know we've read and would like to review, but they are hiding in boxes and bags! While unpacking, I also unearthed a hefty pile of books (mostly library sale finds) that we haven't yet reviewed (many because they're a bit beyond our little man's age level at the moment). This will be a great "to do" list for me to have on the blog.
Here is the list. Feel free to comment with any questions or to point out which books you would be interested in seeing a review of.
First, the ones we'll definitely get to reviews of within the next week or two. If you ask a question, I'll include an answer in the review and link to your blog:
- Bark, George! (Jules Feiffer)
- Llama Llama Red Pajama (Anna Dewdney)
- Swing! (A Scanimation Picture Book) (Rufus Butler Seder)
- Where's My Cow? (Terry Pratchett)
And the other "someday" pile. I'd like to review a few of these soon, because we had a chance to sit down and read some of them together before the move. The others I might only review soon if people show interest. Otherwise I'll wait until our little reader takes a liking to them:
- Amanda Pig On Her Own (Jean Van Leeuwen)
- Backyard Birds of Summer (Carol Lerner)
- Boy Meets Girl / Girl Meets Boy (Raschka/Radunsky)
- Change-up Baseball Poems (Fehler)(Oops, I thought I had posted about this give-away win already)
- Disney's The Lion King
- Frogs, Tods, Lizards, and Salamanders (Nancy Winslow Parker and Joan Richards Wright)
- I Can Run, Fun With Our Animal Friends (Laura Wallace)
- Kokopelli and the Island of Change (Michael Sterns)
- Littlest Pet Shop Best Friends (Quinlan Lee)
- Merry Christmas Everywhere (Arlene Erlbach)(I'll save this for a Christmas post)
- Mirette on the High Wire (Emily Arnold McCully)
- Mr. Magorium's Wonder Emporium (Gail Herman)
- Noah's Ark (Little Golden Book)
- Rainy Day Fun Book (Donna Erickson)
- Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer (Big Golden Book)(I'll save this for a Christmas post)
- The Castaway (James Stevenson)
- The Cowgirl Aunt of Harriet Bean (Alexander McCall Smith)
- The Monsters' Picnic (Sesame Street Little Golden Book)
- The Pirate Princess and Other Fairy Tales (Neil Philip)
- The Poky Little Puppy (Little Golden Book)
- What's Up in the Attic? (Sesame Street Little Golden Book)
I have my guess as to which of these (if any) will garner a few questions, but I'm looking forward to seeing if I'm right...