Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Awards (two for one)

Learning With Mouse has given us an award... but not just one award.  She gave us a twofer!  Thank you!  

First, there's this one...

[image[4].png]

I am required to pass the "One Lovely Blog Award" on to 15 blogs I have newly discovered and enjoy reading.  In the past, I've taken the time to figure out whether blogs have received these awards in the past, and it takes forever.  This time, I'm just picking the 15 that seem to fit (my most recently discovered favorites), and not worrying about whether they've received the award before or are likely to pass it on.
  1. A Year of Slowcooking (just ordered my first crock pot because of this site!)
  2. Young House Love (formerly This Young House)
  3. Brimful Curiosities
  4. Crunchy Domestic Goddess
  5. Mamatrue: parenting in practice (she's posting a series of posts to answer my night weaning question -- how cool is that?)
  6. Pancakes and French Fries (her posts always make me laugh)
  7. The Masked Mommy (these posts make me laugh too, and nod in understanding)
  8. Spewd Free (allergy friendly cooking)
  9. My Friend Amy (organizer of Book Blogger Appreciation Week)
  10. I write in books
  11. Progressive Pioneer
  12. I ran out of steam.  (No, that's not a blog.  I really did.  If I forgot you, consider yourself "awarded").

[image[8].png]
The "Honest Scrap" (teehee) award requires me to tell my readers 10 things about me that they may or may not know, but are true and then pass it on to 10 more blogs. 

Here are my 10 tidbits about me:
  1. I am a quilter.
  2. And a former lawyer.
  3. I'm incorrigibly messy at home.  I blame it on motherhood, but I was messy before that too and blamed it on working.
  4. I'm addicted to my iphone. I can't even sleep if it isn't near me.
  5. For my son's sake, I don't eat any wheat, nuts, eggs, milk, or sesame.
  6. I love coffee (decaffeinated at the moment).
  7. I haven't owned a TV in 6 months, but when I did, I loved reality television, like Big Brother, the Bachelor/ette, and Top Model.  Now I watch 1 minute youtube segments from Sesame Street.  I think the latter is probably more cerebral than the former.
  8. I used to say I wanted to marry the nicest man I ever met, and I did.
  9. I wish I had more time.
  10. and sleep.

And here are the 10 more blogs I'm sharing this with:


8 comments:

MaryAnne said...

Thanks for the award! I love your list, I learned a bunch of things I never knew about you :)

Amy said...

Thank you so much for thinking of me with this award, it is truly appreciated. I can't imagine my life without TV. ;)

Valerie @ Frugal Family Fun Blog said...

Wow, thanks so much for this award, and for including me with such awesome bloggers! I haven't tried quilting yet, but maybe one of these days... It kind of intimidates me.

Brimful Curiosities said...

Thanks so much for the award. I learned a lot about you from that little list you posted. I also saw the I Spy quilt you posted a few days back. Very, very cool.

Christy said...

Oh, I love your ten things. I wish I could quilt. I was a lawyer - I guess I still am but I don't practice. I love coffee and reality tv (wish I didn't). And, I am messy too. So, can we be friends?

Infant Bibliophile said...

Too bad I don't still live in New England, Christy! Sounds like we're cut from the same cloth.

Lisa said...

Wow, that number 5 would kill me! I mean, I'd DO it, but it would kill me.

These are my favorite kind of tags, you learn so much. I'll post it up one day this week, thanks for tagging me.

Mom Unplugged said...

Interesting list! (BTW, I am a former lawyer too!)