Wednesday, August 26, 2009

The Big Reveal: Photos of the Infant Bibliophile




I usually don't post photos of our infant bibliophile here.  Why?  I don't know, it just seemed like some sort of security precaution I should take.  But, really, it seems a little silly.  Is anyone really going to want to come snatch our son because he is the handsomest baby on the internet?  I thought I'd relax my fear a little bit and share two photos.  (But, just in case you are still thinking about snatching him, let me just add that he still doesn't sleep through the night and is allergic to everything, so I think you might want to reconsider your plans, please).

First, I just happened upon this photo when browsing through our gallery recently.  I have many photos of Dad and son reading together (because I always grab the camera), but not as many of me reading to him.  This was taken at a church wedding, where I brought a few favorite board books to entertain him:



I think having a child - and all of the sleepless nights, loss of career, abandonment of hobbies, etc. - was worth it just to get that photo.

This next photo was taken last weekend at a Book Bloggers picnic organized by Natasha at Maw Books.  Among the attendees were Britt at Confessions of a Book Habitue and Cari of Book Scoops, two blogs I enjoy following.  It was nice to put friendly faces to the names.


A sweaty Infant Bibliophile, me, and Natasha at Maw Books


Thanks, Natasha, for organizing such a fun event!  Next time we'll stay longer.

Would you like to join me in posting your favorite photo of reading to your child?  If so, leave a link in the comments.  I'd love to see!

(PS  Don't forget to enter our current give away for a Do-A-Dot art set!).

6 comments:

Natasha @ Maw Books said...

I loved meeting you again! And I'm so glad that you were able to come. And I especially loved meeting the infant bibliophile himself.

Britt said...

You guys are so cute!

That is a fabulous picture of you reading to him!

Christy said...

I LOVE the photos! I always wonder what the people who don't post photos on their blogs look like. When I first started my blog, I tried to be careful and not show the faces of my children but it didn't seem right to me. I'm much happier now that I can show their expressions. I LOVE that you tried to dissuade anyone from taking your son. So funny. He is adorable!

Michelle said...

So cute...I do love the first picture of you reading with your son. It is precious!!

Valerie @ Frugal Family Fun Blog said...

What great photos! I'm so happy you posted these!! The first one really made me smile.

MaryAnne said...

Great pictures, thanks for sharing them! I especially love the first one of you and the infant bibliophile reading, that's one to save forever.