Monday, August 3, 2009

Paying It Forward


One of my favorite blogs, Unplug Your Kids, recently posted about a Pay It Forward sort of game.  I'd read about these things around the "blogosphere" before, but never participated.  I was tempted to join in this time because it came from a blog I enjoy reading so much, and when I read that the recipient would need to be patient because the gift might come from a trip to France, well, I was sold.  We received our package tonight, including a lovely bookmark (perfect for an infant bibliophile), oversized postcard, and scented stone for our linen cupboard.  Thank you!

Now it's your turn.  The first three people to leave a comment on this post saying they want to participate will receive a mystery package from us.  I'll email you for your address, so make sure your email address is available in your profile.  The only stipulation is that you "pay it forward" by doing the same thing for three other people.  What you send doesn't have to be expensive or fancy or large.  Just a little something to brighten someone's day.  I'd tell you what we're sending, but a) it might ruin the surprise, and b) I don't really have any idea yet!  

Who wants to play?


5 comments:

lindley said...

How fun! I want to play!! Am I really the first to comment???

LindleyJackson@aol.com

Christy said...

I would love to play!

Britt said...

I'll play! Sounds fun!
schriftstellarin(at)hotmail(dot)com

Every day life said...

I just wanted to say that is great idea. Even if I don't blog I think I will do something similar.

Thanks!

I know I was the fourth person but wanted you to know to thank you!

Mom Unplugged said...

I am glad you liked your package and that it arrived safely! I look forward to following along to see what you send your participants!