Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Review: Hop, Plop!

I could have sworn that I posted this review already.  You'll see below that we read it when the infant bibliophile was 15 months old, and he's 21 months old now!  The book's author, Corey Schwartz, has her own blog, cleverly called Thing 1 and Thing 2.  I still feel like after I post this, I will find the original post...

Hop! Plop! (Hardcover), by Corey Rosen Schwartz. Set in a playground, this charming tale follows a couple of unlikely friends - Elephant and Mouse - as they attempt to make use of the various forms of entertainment (swing, seesaw, etc.) and are foiled by their abnormally sized frames. Ultimately, they make do, and their friendship shines through.

Excerpt:

"'Look,' said Mouse, 'A seesaw. My favorite!' 'Yeah!' said Elephant. 'Mine too! Let's get on.' HOP! / PLOP! BOOM! BOP!"

Bookworm's interest at 15 months: Once he read the excerpt above, (in particular, "BOOM! BOP!"), he was giggling aloud, turning pages, shouting "Buh! Buh!" until I repeated the phrase. He loves going to the playground and recognized the swing and slide, and he likes pointing to mice ever since we bought "Goodnight Moon."




3 comments:

Christy said...

That sounds like a cute book. We haven't read that one.

Corey Schwartz said...

Thanks for the review!

MaryAnne said...

How cool that the author commented on your post!

This book sounds really cute, I just requested it from our library - thanks for the review =)