Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Review: I'm Your Bus

I'm Your Bus (Hardcover), by Marilyn Singer. If your child is a bus-lover like mine, this book will probably be a hit. Cute rhyming text follows the day of a loyal bus, carting kids to their destinations and back home again. "Tomorrow you can count on us. Daytime, nighttime, I'm your bus." (If you like to see your kids' names in print, note that Jamie, Carlos, Gus, Casey, Lacey, Hailey, Michael, Hannah, Russ, Lisa, Devin, Chloe, and Mo are mentioned).

Excerpt:

"Watch those backpacks coming through. Have fun today. Learn something new. Later we'll come back for you. Hailey, Michael, Hannah, Russ, see you later. I'm your bus."

Bookworm's interest at 20 months: He chose this one off the shelves of a local bookstore as a treat after having been sick all week. (I tried to sway him toward Goodnight Gorilla at first). He enjoys it every time we read it.

Parent's Peeve: A couple of the rhymes are a little forced, but overall I enjoy reading this, so I don't mind very much.


1 comment:

Valerie @ Frugal Family Fun Blog said...

I was thinking of doing a school bus craft with Emily next week and this would be perfect! I'll be checking it out from our library... thanks!!