Tuesday, September 15, 2009

BBAW Day 3 (Reading Meme)

It's Day 3 of Book Blogger Appreciation Week (BBAW), and today participants have been asked to answer the following questions:

Reading Meme

"We encourage you to be creative with this!  Please choose one or two questions to answer or try to answer all the questions in five words or less.  Or choose a picture to answer a question!  Brevity is the goal of today!"  I had to go back and edit my original answers to cut them down to 5 words or less.  Apparently I'm quite verbose.

Do you snack while you read? If so, favorite reading snack?  No, not really.

Do you tend to mark your books as you read, or does the idea of writing in books horrify you?
Only as a student.

How do you keep your place while reading a book? Bookmark? Dog-ears?  Laying the book flat open?  
Bookmark or $1 bill.

Fiction, Non-fiction, or both?
Both, but usually fiction.

Hard copy or audiobooks? Hard copy; audiobooks bore me.

Are you a person who tends to read to the end of chapters, or are you able to put a book down at any point? Hate stopping at chapter end.

If you come across an unfamiliar word, do you stop to look it up right away?
No, never.

What are you currently reading?  Nothing (maybe Harry Potter #7 next)

What is the last book you bought?  Book Thief

Are you the type of person that only reads one book at a time or can you read more than one at a time?   Usually just one.

Do you have a favorite time of day and/or place to read?  
Just before bed (with quilt).
 
Do you prefer series books or stand alone books?  
Either.

Is there a specific book or author that you find yourself recommending over and over?  
No, there are many.

How do you organize your books? (By genre, title, author’s last name, etc.?)
 I don't organize.


Sorry, those answers don't seem very interesting to share with others, but there you have it.


14 comments:

Alipet813 said...

I forgot about keeping it short and sweet. I am going to have to go back and see how I did.
Good job on being able to do that!

gautami tripathy said...

The Book Thief is a good buy!

BBAW: Reading meme

Christy said...

I haven't read The Book Thief. Have you read it yet?

Rasco from RIF said...

The Book Thief is one of the best books I have read this year; the writing is superb! Thank you for sharing the meme.

Brimful Curiosities said...

I'm not an organizer either and I couldn't keep my responses at 5 words.

Trisha said...

I couldn't do the five word thing either so I decided to do my quick list in pictures. I think bloggers by nature are rather wordy creatures.

Belle said...

I can't use a dollar bill as a bookmark - and the Canadian loonie is kind of slippery to stick into a book! But I like the idea - you've always got a bit of money on hand no matter where you are, in case you want a snack (I'm big on snacking while reading).

Infant Bibliophile said...

Christy, yes, I read it -- I read it so quickly that I gave myself a migraine! It was fantastic.

Britt said...

Oh see, you were good and went back to edit down to 5 words or less.... I just ignored it!

:D

Kristen said...

I'm just enjoying reading through everyone's answers to this one!

MaryAnne said...

I love audiobooks, they are my motivation to get housecleaning done. Sadly, it's hard to listen with three young children, and my house shows it...

Valerie @ Frugal Family Fun Blog said...

I love reading before bed too. I haven't read any good fiction in a long time, but the Harry Potter series looks like a lot of fun!

Natasha @ Maw Books said...

We know so much about what your son reads that I would love to know what you read! Maybe a post idea one of these days?

Infant Bibliophile said...

Natasha, thanks for the idea/encouragement to do that. I've thought about posting reviews of what I read as a feature once in awhile (maybe "mommy matters" or something). But a single post would be doable!