Wednesday, September 16, 2009

BBAW Day 4

Today, Day 4 of Book Blogger Appreciation Week asks participants to blog about a book we have read (preferably one we've loved) only because we discovered it on another book blog. 

I have had this happen to me more times than I can count. Here are a few:

We love, love, love In The Town All Year 'Round (link goes to our review), which we read after Jennifer of the Jean Little Library reviewed it here.  She called it "STUPENDOUS. AMAZING. FANTASTIC. and also EXTRAORDINARY."  

Natasha at Maw Books wrote a glowing review of Leslie Patricelli's books that caused us to read and review No No Yes Yes.  

We first learned about Adam Rex's Psssst, which we reviewed here, by reading Mother Reader's blog post here.

I always get great recommendations from No Time for Flashcards; after reading her post on transportation books, we picked up Truck Stuck (links to our review), which the little guy really enjoyed.  Just rereading her post I picked out another book that we're going to track down.

Around Father's Day, Karen at Mommy's Favorite Children's Books suggested the book I Love My Daddy, first in a comment on one of our posts and then in her review of it.  We also read and reviewed it (here), and loved it.

Although not recommended in a review, author Corey Schwartz recommended My Truck is Stuck and Dig, Dig, Digging to us in comments to one of our posts, and they were big hits (especially the former).

There are so many more, but I'm running out of steam.  I am so appreciative of the books that I read about and jot down or make a mental note of every day on other book blogs.  When we lived within very close proximity to the library, I would immediately add the book to my request queue online and make frequent stops by the front desk to grab all of the new hold requests as they became ready.  Now that we're (only slightly) further away, I'm struggling to come up with a "to be read" system that works for us. In the meantime, thank you for all of the wonderful reviews and recommendations.  Keep 'em coming!

8 comments:

gautami tripathy said...

We are addicted to book blogs and keep looking out foor more to keep on adding!

BBAW: Thanking Feminist Reviews

MaryAnne said...

I just requested "No No Yes Yes" from our library, and I know I've chosen quite a few others based on your blog. Book reviews on blogs are my favorite right now - especially since, with three little kids, I don't have a lot of time to browse when we go to the library. I've definitely been appreciating our library's online request system.

Brimful Curiosities said...

Leslie Patricelli's books are super, especially for the toddlers. We like Higher! Higher!

Allie said...

What a great idea for a post. The library can be so daunting sometimes, I love that you are sharing where you found great books. I now have some new places to look too!

Always love your blog.

Bluestocking said...

My TBR pile is out of control thanks to other book bloggers. Here is mine

Natasha @ Maw Books said...

I love Leslie's books!!! I remember when you reviewed it. So happy that you did.

Mel (He Followed Me Home) said...

I was wondering how to find a kid book blog...thanks to BBAW I just found you!

Looking forward to reading your posts :)

Infant Bibliophile said...

Hi Mel, glad you found us! Look forward to following your blog too.

Brimful Curiosities, I've read Higher Higher quickly in the library, but I'm going to get it out this week and review it.

MaryAnne, I love doing the online request thing too!