Friday, September 18, 2009

BBAW Day 5 (All About Your Blog)

Today is the last day of Book Blogger Appreciation Week (BBAW), and we made it through all of the daily posting themes.  This last one is: 
Hopefully this week you’ve been visiting a bunch of new book blogs and maybe noticing some things about them you’d like to try yourself.  Or maybe you’ve just had some ideas for improvements to your blog you’d like to put into place or new ideas for content.  But there’s also probably something you really love about your blog, too, something you’re really proud of.  It’s time to show off!  Tell us and this is really important, in 50 words or less what you love best about your blog!  And then in 50 words or less where you want your blog to be by the next BBAW!  Ready?  GO!
 
What I Love Best About My Blog

I love that we record everything my son reads.  I love that I largely let him pick the books, or let his interests and needs guide my book selection.  I love the loyal readers/commenters that make blogging feel like an exchange rather than talking to the wind.

Where You Want Your Blog To Be By the Next BBAW

Like everyone, I'd like more readers.  I'd like to get brave about contacting publishers to review new releases, because I think it adds value for readers, but I want to balance this with keeping reading fun and choosing what our son wants to read. 

I could say more (like that I want to clean up our labels, get rid of google ads, integrate give aways and possibly craft things into the blog in a way that doesn't detract from the central focus of book reviews), but that's pretty much all that 50 words allowed me.  Thank you to the organizers of Book Bloggers Appreciation Week for giving me something to post about every day this week.  Next week we'll get back to our normal reviews.




5 comments:

Britt said...

I was over 100 words.... sigh. :D

Award for you at bookhabitue.blogspot.com

Brimful Curiosities said...

The "balance" issue came up in my post as well.

Natasha @ Maw Books said...

I love how you record everything that your son reads. That's what makes it so unique over here. Plus, he's going to be one literary kid!

gautami tripathy said...

Balancing is the keyword!

BBAW: Setting Goals

MaryAnne said...

I'm impressed you fit both answers within the 50-word limits. Great answers, too!