Friday, September 18, 2009

Happy Talk Like a Pirate Day


Arrr, today is Talk Like a Pirate Day. 

 If you need t' translate anythin', you can use this site.  Aye, in the meantime, grab ye self some grog (not for the wee 'uns) and read our review o' Bubblebath Pirates.  

Tell us: what be your fa'orite books about pirates?

Shiver me timbers; Katie's Literature Lounge has posted some pirate book reviews today too.  Go have ye a look and say ahoy.  Tell 'er the Infant Bibliophile sent ye.

* Clipart from http://www.freeclipartnow.com.

2 comments:

MaryAnne said...

I remember listening to some pirate story on tape when I was 7 years old, but I don't remember the name of the book. I remember it had a lot of "pirate speak" in it, and we must ahve liked it because we used to listen to it every single day!

Happy Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Christy said...

We went to a wedding yesterday and I really wanted to wear a pirate hat and talk like a pirate but my husband would have left me! He did humor me with a few "Argh matey" comments though.