Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Muffin Tin Monday . . . er . . . Tuesday

Muffin Tin Monday is a fun feature at Her Cup OverFloweth.  We have participated a couple of times.  But then we got into packing up and moving to our new house and just never did it again.  Tonight while I was making dinner, our little explorer opened the drawer beneath the stove and was thrilled to discover a muffin tin there.  He kept swinging it wildly shouting something like "mummin!" until I agreed that he could eat his dinner in a muffin tin.  We're a day late (and a dollar short), but here's the meal we came up with.   There was no theme for this week, so participants could use whatever theme they wanted -- we used a "counting theme".  

Top row: An eight-sided die (there was 1 glass of milk, not pictured), two chicken nuggets, three potato chips, four tater tots.

Bottom row: five blueberries, six pieces of watermelon, seven chocolate chips, and eight peas.  

He also had more peas on the side.  He did pretty well - mostly just wanted to eat the tater tots, but tolerated me shoving other things in in between bites.


To see reviews of the books pictured, see our recent post on counting books for children.

To see other Muffin Tins, check out the links here.

6 comments:

Christy said...

I love this idea. I never would have thought of this. I especially like the 7 made out of choc chips.

Michelle said...

Great idea!

Britt said...

We really have to try this. I swear I have the world's pickiest toddler, but this might just work!

Maybe we'll find a muffin tin for lunch today...

Infant Bibliophile said...

Britt, I always thought *I* had the pickiest toddler. MaryAnn of thriftycraftmama.blogspot.com (are you reading this, Mary Ann?) might argue she does. They're all about the same age, so I assume it will pass!

Valerie @ Frugal Family Fun Blog said...

Awww... how cute that he found that muffin tin and wanted his dinner in there! I love the counting theme. Brilliant!

Britt said...

So we tried a muffin tin lunch yesterday. With interesting results. On the one hand, he tried things he would normally throw on sight. On the other hand he didn't finish his banana or his goldfish, which is just weird.

The muffin tin itself fascinated him, but it bothered him that I didn't fill all of the cups, so we had to spread out the goldfish. :D