Sunday, September 13, 2009

New feature: Resource List of Author and Publisher Websites with Printable Activities

I'm excited to be adding a new list to the sidebar today.  It will contain links to children's book author and publisher websites that have printable companion activities.  We've been enjoying more arts and crafts around our house lately, and we're getting eerily close to pre-school age, so I think these types of sites will be more and more useful to us in the coming months.  The list will be short to begin with, but will grow as time allows.  If you have a favorite author site, please leave me a comment and let me know about it.  You can find the list just under my mammoth list of labels (which with any luck will be replaced by a much more concise label cloud at some point in the near future).  I hope you find the list useful.

5 comments:

Michelle said...

I love this feature and I can't wait to use it to find activities to do with Emily!

I started a weekly story + art linky on my blog called stART. Here is the link to the description of it http://amommysadventures.blogspot.com/2009/08/start.html

We love reading books and doing crafts or projects to go with them. I thought that this was a great way to get other ideas for great books to read!

Infant Bibliophile said...

Thanks for telling me about your feature, Michelle. I just subscribed to your blog so I won't miss any posts. :)

MaryAnne said...

I love this new feature on your blog - I've been thinking of starting some book-themed activities with my kids this fall, and I'll definitely be using your new sidebar as a resource!

Britt said...

That is so awesome!! THanks for the links!!!

Beth said...

I'll have to check back! What a great addition!

here's a couple more...

- janbrett.com

- scholastic.com/parents/play/printables (Clifford, Magic School Bus, Miss Spider)

- eric-carle.com/ColoringSheet.jpg

- danielkirk.com/dankirkactivity.html