Tuesday, August 17, 2010

The Black Car is Lost by the Infant Bibliophile

You didn't think we just READ books around here, did you?  Last month, I decided to try an activity where I wrote down some of the Bibliophile's dictated stories.  He mostly likes us to tell him stories, but will be coaxed into a "my turn your turn" alternating round of storytelling.  As soon as I got a pen and paper, though, he did all of the dictating.  It worked perfectly!  Today we had some time to kill (since he refused to nap), so I decided to take one of his stories and help him to create a crafted book with it. 





















 Like most crafts around here, the whole thing only took about 15 minutes.  But he seemed to enjoy it, and is proud of the finished product.  Of course, you could do something similar with a story that you (the parent) write, and let the kids make the vehicles out of shapes.

4 comments:

Melissa (Betty and Boo's Mommy) said...

Oh, my word ... I love it! I used to create my own stories like this all the time when I was little. Keep this - it will be great to look back on when he's older!

Infant Bibliophile said...

@Melissa I was thinking about starting a story journal for him! :)

Britt said...

Such a cute idea!!

Raising a Happy Child said...

I like how you typed up his cute story and combined it with a craft. I need to do it more here.