Thursday, August 26, 2010

Our "Learning Boxes" Have Arrived

 That's what the Bibliophile decided that they should be called/labeled, after much debate.

This arrived today:


And, voila, we created this!


Bonus:

Free bubble wrap (score!)

and

Styrofoam building blocks.

"Barn," for those who can't read 2 year old

So, the bins have been put together and labeled, with some input from the Bibliophile as to subject labeling.  Namely, the last one we were labeling was planned to be "How Things Work."  I figured it could include science-type stuff.  But, admittedly, I was finding myself a little lacking in enthusiasm and ideas for filling that drawer, at least daily.  So, as I said to the Bibliophile that he should type into the label maker "How Things Work," he said, "No.  It should be "housework!"  I said, "Housework?  Housework is when you clean up around the house.  You want me to have a housework drawer and I can put things in it like a note that says, 'Help Mama to sweep the floor?'"  He said, "Yes, and empty the dishwasher!"  Twist my arm: housework it is!   We'll squeeze in science things here and there.

If I keep up with really filling them and accomplishing anything, I'd like to start linking to "Tot School," so you might see those posts from us starting next week.  I'm really excited about the fun math print-outs I created today, and I plan to fill the bins starting on Monday.  Filling them daily would be a challenge though: 10 boxes x 5 weekdays = 50 ideas!

As for today, he learned plenty just helping to assemble it, trying to screw on the knobs, and painstakingly sliding each drawer into its slot.  So far, homeschooling is a success.

I'm linking this up with ABC and 123's Let's Get Organized linky party.

6 comments:

MaryAnne said...

I look forward to hearing about what you put in the drawers!

Christy said...

Fantastic! I love the housekeeping drawer.

TheRockerMom said...

Oh, how cute! He makes his R's like my Robbie. A circle then two lines. :) I love your drawer cart.

Cathy @ NurtureStore said...

It's always the boxes and wrapping that gets my girls most excited! Thanks for stopping by NurtureStore. I wondered if you might like to join in with our Play Academy on Fridays and swap ideas?

Infant Bibliophile said...

@Cathy I'll try to link up on Friday! Thanks for telling me about it. In the past, I've had trouble keeping track of all of the weekly link ups but I'm giving it another try this week. :)

Raising a Happy Child said...

The beginning is great - I am looking forward to your ideas :)