Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Homemade Skeeball

We started a Dreambox trial a week ago, and one of the games in the carnival area is skeeball.  I've always loved skeeball - the real one, that is.  I googled for skeeball games, and found this one.  After we had played it together about 100 times, I suggested we try to make a real one sometime.  "Sometime" in the mind of a two year old turned out to be "right now."  So, we improvised and came up with this contraption.

One ramp (the lid from our Step 2 train/car table), leaned against the couch:

Plus three "1, 2, 3" round bins from Ikea:


= 1 happy skeeballer (ok, 2 of us).


We played with this for at least 1/2 hour, with much laughter and silly antics.  I'm guessing it will resurface tomorrow. 

I am linking this post up with We Play and Play Academy.

Comment: Do you or your kids have any favorite carnival/arcade games?  Have you been up to any fun play this week?

Disclosure: If you click on any of the links in this post and purchase anything, we may earn a small commission through our affiliate relationship with Amazon.com.

6 comments:

Christy said...

Fun! I love skeeball too. It's the ONLY thing I like in arcades. I'm not a video game person AT ALL. I could play skeeball all day though.

Raising a Happy Child said...

What a great idea - your skeeball looks like so much fun. Anna also likes skeeball in DreamBox, but she didn't play any Arcade games "for real".

Infant Bibliophile said...

I grew up 10 minutes from an amusement park, and I think it sparked my early love of skeeball. :) At some point, he suggested "I have an idea! I will roll the ball, and Mama will watch Bubba [a nickname for himself], and when I roll it pass that line of numbers [the line you see on the board - just some old stickers we got on there at some point], then I will be a 'high champion.'" Where he got "high champion" from, I have no idea! lol

amandab said...

Is it strange that I am not familiar with skeeball? It looks like fun though :)

Princess always has to play the clowns when we are at a carnival/show/amusement park. I wonder how we could make that at home ....

cathy @ NurtureStore said...

I've never heard of Skeeball either - and now wonder if I've led a very sheltered life! Looks great fun - thanks for sharing with us over at the Play Academy. Cathy

Christie - Childhood 101 said...

What a great way to extend physical play skills, looks like fantastic fun.

Thank you for linking to We Play this week :)