Monday, September 27, 2010

Math Monday (with free math bingo printable for preschoolers)

Last week, the Bibliophile found a Math Bingo game I had hidden in a box of "for later" materials, but he was adament that he wanted to play it.  It contains multiplication and division in addition to addition and subtraction, so I didn't want to open it yet.  Luckily, he's easily pacified; I offered to play our own Math Bingo with him on his doodle pad instead.  He was all for it.  I wrote up a very quick chart and kept it simple.  The only addition and subtraction involved + and - the numbers 1 and 0.  We just asked Daddy to randomly call out numbers 1-9, and put quarters on the squares as he figured out where they went (sometimes with a little help). 

Feel free to use this printable (slightly different than our prototype, but same idea), if you think you'll kids will enjoy it.  I still don't understand why Scribd seems to lose the grid lines when I upload pdf's, but you could write them in I guess (or maybe it prints fine?  I need to test it).

Math Bingo                                                            

I am linking this post up with Math Monday.

Comment: Have you done any fun math related activities with your kids this week?

3 comments:

JDaniel4's Mom said...

I love all the way that they show the number. What a great tool!

Christy said...

My kids love to play Bingo. We have played alphabet, sight word, and regular Bingo but never math bingo. I'll have to give it a try!

Raising a Happy Child said...

This is an interesting idea for Bingo - thanks for sharing your printable! You are very creative in inventing games on the fly.