Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Help me shop! Ideas swap.

It may seem like I promote a lot of Amazon shopping from my site in order to earn affiliate commissions.  Here's the truth: I am lazy.  Really lazy.  My credit card is always in another room.  Amazon has my credit card information.  When I want to buy something, I just click, and it's done.  I don't have to get up!  Sadly, that is enough to earn my loyalty.  Well, that and the free shipping.  This year, Christmas shopping has been taking a backseat to survival, as we have a new baby, and it's cold/flu season.  Alas, no homemade gifts this year.  So, I thought we could help each other.  I really need some ideas to wrap up my shopping!  Especially male adult ideas - shopping for the Bibliophile is easy.

Here are a few of my favorite Amazon bargains I've found lately. 

Planet Earth: The Complete BBC SeriesPlanet Earth (I have a sneaking suspicion that I may have this under my tree for me, after a not-so-subtle hint) - the whole series, marked down from $79.98 to $23.99!
 
Scotch Laminator 
Scotch Thermal Laminator 15.5 Inches x 6.75 Inches x 3.75 Inches, 2 Roller System (TL901)- down from $80.49 to $19.99!  My husband bought me a laminator last year, but if he hadn't, I'd be getting one of these. 


Radio Flyer Pathfinder Wagon®, RedI'm a sucker for Radio Flyer stuff (all of which seems to be discounted on Amazon right now).  I don't have a Pathfinder wagon that carries two kids (we have the more classic metal one, which is nostalgically charming but a bit more tipsy turvy), and this one is $69, down from $119.  So fun!  Must resist!

Llama Llama Doll Character by Anna Dewdney 13.5"These aren't really bargains, but I love the idea of a picture book paired with a stuffed animal for kids gifts.  I haven't done this for the Bibliophile, but I did get Llama Llama Holiday Drama and a companion Llama Llama stuffed animal for our niece this year.  I also considered the stuffed Elmer/book, Elephant & Piggie, and Pigeon.

Please comment and share some of your favorite gift ideas/bargains this year, preferably that don't require me getting up to get my credit card.



Disclosure: If you click on these links and purchase anything, we'll earn a small commission through our affiliate relationship with Amazon.com.

5 comments:

Raising a Happy Child said...

I am with you - I love Amazon, and we even have Amazon Prime which make shipping even more convenient. All our family shopping this year has been online. My husband is getting an expansion for his favorite video game (Oblivion), a large cutting board (seriously!), and Charlie Brown Holiday Special set. We also got Anna a new Graco Nautilus car seat, and she is getting Magna Tiles as a big Santa Claus present. The only present that we are getting in the store is her bike.

Joyful Learner said...

Do you know about Amazon Mom membership? It's free to sign up and you get prime membership free shipping! I'm lazy about shopping too. I still need to get something for my parents, grandmother and my husband.

I just signed up for Netflix and thought that would make a nice gift.

I can't believe how much the price of The Planet dvd series went down! We bought it on sale but much more for it! I am not going to buy any more dvd's now that we can just watch it on Netflix!

Christy said...

Amazon Mom??? I haven't heard of that.

I love Amazon too. It's easy. I love not having to get up and find my credit card, and I also think they have a good search thing a majingy. You can find anything even if you don't know what you are looking for.

Sometimes Amazon makes shopping too easy!

Infant Bibliophile said...

Yes, I have Amazon Mom too -- it's awesome! Especially if, like us, you use the subscribe and save feature for diapers or food.

The girl who painted trees said...

Looks like I need to sign up for amazon mom.