Thursday, December 9, 2010

We're Still Alive (And 10 Baby #2 Must-Haves)

Just popping my head up from the haze of newborn-land over here to say we are alive and well.  I even put a few new things in the Bibliophile's learning boxes this week, and we're (hopefully, somehow) hosting a J themed playdate tomorrow.  I might attempt a weekly wrap-up post soon.  In the meantime, I thought it might be fun to think about and acknowledge 10 things that have made my life much easier over the last month:

My 10 Baby #2 Must-Haves:
  1. Mom's Club.  Do you belong to a Mom's Club in your area?  I'm astounded and humbled by the kindness of ours.  In addition to providing us with activities to prevent us from going crazy, 11 different club members have brought us home cooked meals over the last two weeks.  Eleven!!  Not only that, but so many of them went out of their way to try to accommodate the Bibliophile's multiple food allergies, in the main meals and by bringing extra safe cookie treats and fresh fruit. 
  2. Ergo carrier - LOVE my ergo.  I ordered mine (fed exed it, actually) in desperation when the Bibliophile was an infant.  And I love it just as much this time around, if not more.
  3. My MacBook.  We don't own a television, and the laptop has entertained the Bibliophile for way more hours than I am willing to admit over these last few weeks.
  4. My iPhone.  See number 3.
  5. Aden & Anais Muslin Swaddling Wraps.  These don't quite belong on this list, because I could have survived fine without them.  Truth be told, I'm not much of a swaddler.  But, we splurged on these when I was pregnant, and they are SO soft and beautiful and useful.  If you are pregnant now and a friend of mine, chances are you will be getting some of these from me, because they are my new favorite shower gift.  Well, besides baby books, of course.
  6. My birth ball.  Oh the hours my husband and I have logged bouncing on that ball holding a baby.
  7. Carseat.  I'm not really into fancy carseats.  Ours is just a standard Graco snugride, I think.  But, getting out of the house keeps me sane, and I can't do that without a carseat or a willingness to handle public transportation with two kids.  So, our carseat makes the list.
  8. Waterproof changing pads.  Learned that lesson.
  9. The Bibliophile!  He has started to act out a little this week, but overall, his patience and lack of any sort of jealousy with the new baby has astounded me.
  10. An amazing husband.  (I saved the best for last.)
No swing or fancy bouncer (I did go on a run for the Mamaroo this week, but she screamed in it in the store, so we sadly left it there).  No bassinet or cradle or pack and play (I'm an incorrigible co-sleeper, even though we have this gorgeous Stokke crib right next to our bed.  I'll work on it, honey!).  We do have a double stroller (this one, which seems to be a popular choice lately), but we haven't taken it for a ride yet.

Comment: What are your new baby must haves?

Disclosure: If you click on any of the links in this post and purchase anything, we will earn a small commission through our affiliate relationship with Amazon.com.

7 comments:

Raising a Happy Child said...

Glad to see that you are adjusting well. Hopefully the newborn phase will end soon and you will return to "regular programming"

Joyful Learner said...

I envy you. Started having baby fever lately. Mom's Club is the best.

MaryAnne said...

Mom Clubs and ERGO carriers are fantastic!

Christy said...

I love the photo. I'm happy to hear that all is well.

Pam said...

congrats! Glad everytyhing's going well. We also LOVE our Ergo and iPhones! Aden & Anais Muslin Swaddling Wraps.

Pam said...

Ok, woops, that should saty 'We didn't use the Aden & Anais Muslin Swaddling Wraps BUT we LOVE them and everyone we know has them now! Love love LOVE!

Katie's Nesting Spot said...

I am sure posting here is the LAST thing on your mind! I am glad your mom's club is helping you out. Congratulations:)