Friday, December 31, 2010

What My Child Is Reading

Still trying to get my 2011 goals post written, but this is what we have been reading this week...

In the Town All Year Round -- One of our all time favorites.  It has been the IT book for bedtime lately.
In the Town All Year 'Round

Catching up on Elephant & Piggie --   I Love My New ToyPigs Make Me Sneeze, and Elephants Cannot Dance!
I Love My New Toy! (An Elephant and Piggie Book)Elephants Cannot Dance! (An Elephant and Piggie Book)Pigs Make Me Sneeze! (An Elephant and Piggie Book)

I hope to do a Math Monday post about Lion's Share sometime.  We picked it up at the library after the Bibliophile said he wanted a book about lions, but the focus/lesson is about fractions (halving a cake over and over again) and multiplication (doubling the number of whole cakes repeatedly).  A great book if you are at that stage of learning.

The Lion's Share

Apologies for brevity... there were other books, but I have a newborn sleeping / waking / fussing on me again.

Speaking of the newborn, here are her fav "reads" for the week!  (Others were summarily rejected but these got her rapt attention and some happy foot/arm wiggles until she remembered the possibility of milk again).
Fuzzy Bee and Friends (Cloth Books)ABC (Chunky Board Books)Cloth Book: Fluffy Chick and Friends (Touch and Feel Cloth Books)The Carrot Seed Board Book (Board book)

Comment!  What have you been reading this week?

I am linking this post up with What My Child is Reading.

If you click on any of the links above and purchase anything, we may earn a small commission through our affiliate relationship with Amazon.com.

8 comments:

Joyful Learner said...

Big fan of Elephant and Piggie!

Debbie's World of Books said...

My daughter loves the Piggie and Elephant books. Pigs Make Me Sneeze is one of her favorites.

Raising a Happy Child said...

Thanks for joining WMCIR! Elephant and Piggie are well loved here as well, and we have your first book in German at home.

MaryAnne said...

Your little bookworm is already reading?

I love Mo Willems, but can't get my kids interested for some reason. Maybe Lily will see the charm?

Mom and Kiddo said...

Like everyone else, we love Elephant and Piggie, too!

The girl who painted trees said...

We love Mo Willems books here too. We've been reading polar bear books mostly and the Snowglobe Family has been the fave non polar bear book.

Christy said...

Elephant and Piggie are great!

We read The Lion's Share a while ago - fantastic book! I would like to revisit that one.

Jackie H. said...

My boys love that Fuzzy Bee cloth book!! Oh, and two of Mo Willems books made it into our top 10 of 2010!!