Saturday, January 15, 2011

What My Child is Readng

Forgive the short post.  Two kids (and a husband) napping at once doesn't happen often around here anymore!  So I am trying to make haste...

This week's reads:

Dinosaur Jokes (Laughing Matters)

Heavy Metal Mater and Other Tall Tales (Disney/Pixar Cars) (Pictureback Favorites)

The Carrot Seed 60th Anniversary EditionThe Carrot Seed -  (I mentioned this last week.  When we went to return it this week, the Bibliophile insisted that "we need to keep this one for Mama."  I do love it.)







Ha! Ha! Ha!: Over 400 Very Funny Jokes (Joke Book)

Plus two planet books I posted very briefly about in our Weekly Wrap-Up.

And this great Christmas sale find from the market:

Hallmark Promotions LPR7506 A Charlie Brown Christmas (An Interactive Book with Sound)

I am not really a fan of "interactive" books, with push buttons, etc.  But for some reason this one works for me.  The book indicates when a button should be pressed.  Some play an appropriate song, and others have one of the Peanuts characters speaking (like Linus delivering his big "meaning of Christmas" speech near the end). 




 And for the little girl, no big change, but here are a couple of the Bibliophile's old favorites that I have been showing her this week --


Peek-A Who?Baby's First Library Words


Comment!  What have you been reading this week?

I am linking this post up with What My Child is Reading.

If you click on any of the links above and purchase anything, we may earn a small commission through our affiliate relationship with Amazon.com.

4 comments:

Raising a Happy Child said...

Thanks for joining WMCIR! I see that you are experimenting with joke books - I am curious if IB likes them. I admit that I don't quite see the humor in most of the knock-knock jokes, which is probably due to my non-native upbringing.

LitLass said...

My boys loved the Nina Laden books when they were younger.

Jackie H. said...

I understand the short post. Two little ones sure keep you hopping! I haven't introduced joke books yet to Logan. I'll have to try it. Thanks for the suggestions.

Christy said...

My kids love joke books, especially knock knock jokes.

I hope everyone napped for a while.