Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Do you scavenger hunt?

Our house has been hit by a virus this week. I was the last to get it (assuming, fingers crossed, that the baby is spared). That means that just as the Bibliophile regained his energy, I started losing mine to a diet of clear liquids. To beat the stir-crazies from being housebound for days, I broke out an easy favorite - the scavenger hunt. We've used these in the past for reinforcing educational concepts like colors, alphabet, shapes, etc. but these ones were just a hodgepodge for fun.







All it took was a pad and marker, and a white tub to put his bounty.







We played 7 rounds, for an hour and a half! I sat still (well, bounced on an exercise ball while wearing a baby in a carrier. What, that doesn't seem restful?) and he ran around doing all of the scavenging.

Want to end the activity?






Our past posts about scavenger hunts activities:
With colors
With letter sounds
Photography
Outdoors

Comment: Do you scavenger hunt?

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

6 comments:

Tina said...

We tried out your photo assignment scavenger hunt and my 5yo loved it. We have a few lists ready to go once she is interested again.

Raising a Happy Child said...

I hope everybody feels better soon! Adults were sick in our house for the past two weeks too - luckily not both at the same time!

Christy said...

I hope you feel better soon. I woke up with a cold on Tuesday, but it isn't too bad.

We did a neighborhood scavenger hunt last spring, but we are way overdue for an indoor scavenger hunt. We have some rainy weather on the way; I think I'll start planning!

MaryAnne said...

I hope you feel better soon, and that your little Bookworm stays healthy!

Emma loves scavenger hunts - thanks for the reminder!

Lisa said...

we are all sick here, me the worst. I kept the pirate home from school today but he seems mostly ok. I am so gonna try this.

Jackie H. said...

That is a great idea. We just did our first scavenger hunt w/ a premade game that we had gotten for free but yours would be super easy and fun... especially for those days you are under the weather.