Monday, March 28, 2011

What My Child is Reading (Better Late Than Never Edition)

Library books we are returning today -- I want to at least log them here in case I want them again!  I wanted to say so much about them, but the littlest one is crying for a nap, and the three year old just asked: "How do I play baseball, Mama?"  So, very quickly -- Captain Cat was in response to my son requesting a book about soldiers "like those in the Great Escape."  I sweat to come up with something age appropriate and was happy to find this.  I love Max for PresidentMr. Brown Can Moo makes the littlest smile and the Bibliophile giggle, and me happy to rea d it aloud.  What Happened to Humpty Dumpty is a great companion for writing prompt activities; some of the stories are a little grim, but I love the idea.  We should probably buy the Thumbprint book because we keep getting it from the library.  And the littlest is wailing, so that's all I can say! 

Captain Cat (I Can Read Book 1)Please Pick Me Up, Mama!Max for PresidentMr. Brown Can Moo! Can You? (Bright and Early Books for Beginning Beginners)Whatever Happened to Humpty Dumpty?: And Other Surprising Sequels to Mother Goose Rhymes




Ed Emberley's Great Thumbprint Drawing BookThis is San Francisco [A Children's Classic]Mother Goose Numbers on the Loose




Comment: Have you read any of these before?  (Sorry for the wacky formatting -- it looks fine in my editing window and goes strange when I publish).

I am linking this post up with What My Child is Reading - better late than never.

Disclosure: If you purchase any of these books by clicking on links in this post, we may earn a small commission through our affiliate relationship with Amazon.com.

4 comments:

Raising a Happy Child said...

We haven't read any of your selection, and I might try Max for President, it sounds pretty interesting. Hopefully life settles down more for you soon :) Thanks for joining WMCIR!

MaryAnne said...

We have and like "Mr. Brown Can Moo". The rest are new to us - we'll have to look for a few at the library!

Jackie H. said...

We love Mr. Brown can Moo. I also love Leo and Diane Dillon's work but haven't read the Mother Goose. I'll have to look at that one. Oh, and the Pick me up, Please, Mama. I hear that about 1 million times a day and that's just from the 2 year old. If the one year old could actually say it, I guess I'd hear it 2 million times... he just holds his hands up and grunts. :)

Bona Fide Mama said...

We recently got the fingerprint drawing book too and it was so much fun!