Wednesday, February 15, 2012

The Scoop on Getting Started with Usborne Books

This is the story of how (and why) I decided to become an Usborne Book Consultant this month, and how much fun we have been having with it.  First, a photo of my assistant:
My sidekick, before our first homeshow.
Next,  I want to share a secret with you.  Ok, it's not so secret.  But it's a fantastic deal.  Ready?  Come in close... During February only, you can sign up to be an Usborne Consultant for $29.  Why is that a great deal, you might ask?  Because, this is what $29 will get you:


Titles: Conspiracy 365 - January, Counting Rhymes, Everyone Poops, First Encyclopedia of Science, How Big is a Million, My Sister's a Pop Star, Sticker Dolly Dressing Costumes & Parties, and That's Not My Puppy.

That's $150 worth of books!  There were a lot of smiles in this house the day that the box arrived.  For us, I would have spent full money on The First Encyclopedia of Science, That's Not My Puppy, The Poop Book, How Big is a Million, and The Sticker Dolly Dressing Book, and those alone cost $53.  So I saved $24, and got an extra three books.  Yahoo!  I'm not much of a salesperson, but these books sell themselves. 

PLUS, I recieved all of the business stuff I needed to get started earning more (free) books - order forms, website and online ordering system, catalogs, brochures, invitation postcards, and a network of warm, fun consultants who love books as much as we do!  I debated whether to join Usborne for years (seriously, I'm like that.  You should have seen me trying to decide which sippie cup to purchase), and it has been a great decision.  But if it turned out not to be a good fit for me, I figured I would have just spent $29 on 8 books.  Not to mention the "pretend book party store" my 4 year old set up with my supplies.  A win-win purchase either way. :)  If money is not an option, or if you are certain that this will be a good fit for you, there is also a larger kit available with 25 books. 

If you are interested in learning more about becoming a consultant, leave me a comment or send me an email, and I'm happy to answer any questions you have honestly and quickly.  And if you'd like to know more about the books above, stay tuned to Mama Smiles, because she will be featuring a guest post from us this weekend with some reviews (and a give away!).

You can find the full catalog of Usborne books here.  We also have a new Usborne facebook page set up; "like" it to learn about specials and give aways.  The first give away will be happening shortly.

Disclosure: I will earn commissions on purchases made through our Usborne site, and possibly by helping other consultants get started. 

3 comments:

Raising a Happy Child said...

While I am not planning to become a Usborne consultant myself (I barely have time to blog!), I will be very happy to help. I absolutely adore Usborne books, and we currently use The First Encyclopedia of Human Body as our science curriculum.

Infant Bibliophile said...

I really want a copy of that too! And some other human body ones they have with flaps. I was thinking I could review the First Encyclopedia of Science on your blog. :)

MaryAnne said...

Looking forward to your post this Saturday!