Saturday, February 23, 2013

An Awesome Book of Love!



A few years ago, we read and enjoyed An Awesome Book!, by Dallas Clayton, so we were really excited to have the chance to review An Awesome Book of Love! this month.  It is one of those rare books that pulls off sentimentality without (too much) sap.  It is silly, fun, sweet, and a whole lot of fun to read. I find myself hoping the kids will choose it for me to read aloud to them.

And you know / I'm aglow / with a smile on my face / when I wonder / what magic / you'll make of this place / of this town / of this world / you'll transform your surrounding / that spirit inside you / is truly astounding.

Son (age 5)(in his own words/typing): I think that it is kinda funny,  beacuse after this 1 part, it says:"i love you i love you". It makes it out of beeds,  then paint,  then leaves, then yarn,  then wood, then blocks,  then stitched from a sewing machine.

Daughter (age 2): she likes it too.  No part stands out for her, but she pays attention throughout the book.

Overall, this is a fun book with a beautiful message.  If you like this, you might also like:
An Awesome Book!
An Awesome Book of Thanks!
The I LOVE YOU Book
More on author Dallas Clayton


Companion Activity -- 
Spell "I Love You" out of toys and objects around your house (in keeping with some of the illustrations in the book):




Disclosure: we received a copy of this book from the publisher at no cost in order to review it.  If you click on any of the links in this post and purchase anything,


No comments: